Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Kristen Bell on Turning 30, Working With Betty White, and Loving 'Jersey Shore'




PopEater
Actress Kristen Bell isn't afraid of turning 30--in fact, she's never been more excited about a milestone in her life! In a new interview in this week's Parade Magazine, Bell talks about hitting 30, working with Betty White, and why she's not ashamed at all to admit she loves watching 'Jersey Shore.'

"I love 30 more than I've ever loved anything. I feel like I was born on my 30th birthday. It's finally the time where I've fully accepted and loved myself, which I'm realizing more and more each day -- it is so important to love yourself. Because if you don't love yourself than nothing really matters," Bell tells the magazine.

She spent too much time trying to be perfect, she says. "For a long time, I went through life kind of beating myself up and trying to be a perfectionist and do everything right and I just thought, 'What's the point?' I have faults, that's fine. I can still strive to be better, but I'm not going to be as rough on myself as I used to and it's just kind of alleviating all of this stress and kind of taken a weight off my shoulders and I think now I'm just happy," the former 'Veronica Mars' actress said.

More excerpts from the interview after the jump.

On fiancé Dax Shepard:
"I never loved dating. I think it's very uncomfortable to put yourself out there and be vulnerable. I'm much more comfortable in a relationship and I'm very happy."

On why she skips the club scene:
"I'm definitely a homebody. I don't know if I've been to a club in the last seven years, at least not one that I was forced to go to because it was for a friends' birthday party. I'm not much for the club atmosphere, but I don't drink so that may have something to do with it! I love to cook and I have a garden at home and I'm much more like a 1950s housewife, I think."

On working with Betty White:
"We were just lucky that she fit us into her busy schedule because she is quite literally the busiest woman in Hollywood. Everyone was just happy to be working on a movie where there were so many fun, feisty women."

On her not-so-secret guilty pleasure, 'Jersey Shore':
"I'm always DVR'ing Jersey Shore, but I've never been ashamed to admit that. I probably should be ashamed to admit that, but I'm not. I think that it's one of the greatest disasters to ever come to television and I just love the lessons they learn each week and the trouble they get into."

No comments:

Post a Comment