Monday, August 16, 2010

Katie Holmes Talks Homeschooling Suri & Marriage to Tom Cruise

1281967560313.jpg

Popearter


Holmes and her daughter Suri can't set foot outside without the peering eyes of the paparazzi hoping to catch a glimpse of the mother-daughter duo and what they're wearing.

In the new issue of NY Magazine, Holmes praises her little fashionista, admitting Suri started picking out her own clothing (including her infamous high heels) when she was just 18 months old.

"She picks out all of her own clothes and has since she was 1½," Holmes admits.

Even Holmes' gorgeous Met Gala attire and accessories were hand picked by Suri. "Tom and I went to the Met ball a couple of years ago, and I had this beautiful red gown and these royal-blue shoes that I wasn't planning on wearing, but Suri made me put them on and so I was like, 'Okay, I trust you.'"

How she and Tom Cruise balance their busy schedules:
"We have quite a schedule, you know? We don't say, 'When I'm working, you don't work,' or anything like that. Last year he was shooting 'Knight and Day' and I was shooting 'The Romantics,' and we'd just fly to see each other after we wrapped. And we homeschool Suri -- she has a teacher who is with her every day. We like the one-on-one education. I'm happy that my daughter is strong-willed and determined. You really have to go with what the child is wanting."

Her reaction to speculations about her marriage:
"It's there, it's one of those things. My big concern is what does he have going, what do I have going, what are we going to do this weekend. It must seem weird, I guess, having so many people watching. It is weird. I get it. But you just, you know, smile and nod."

No comments:

Post a Comment